Houston Fundraiser Lands Unique Talent
When it comes to Ben Stein – his monotone voice, dry humor and sarcastic wit – most people either love him or hate him.
The Salvation Army Greater Houston Area Command is hoping for the former.
The Houston Business Journal reported that the Command will host Ben Stein as its keynote speaker at its annual luncheon fundraiser.
Though perhaps most famously known for his role in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and as the dry spokesvoice for Visine ads, Stein is also a noted economist, bestselling author, comic, and former New York Times columnist.
The luncheon is scheduled for Nov. 3rd at the Hilton-Americas Hotel and the proceeds will benefit the Army’s programs in Harris, Fort Bend and Montgomery counties.
To learn more about the event or to get tickets, refer to the Greater Houston Area Command’s website.
- Remarkable Student Attributes Success to Social Worker, Pays it Forward
- 100 Southern California girls get help with prom dresses at Salvation Army event!
- Salvation Army in Chile Steps Up Disaster Response
- The Salvation Army Responds with Tornado Relief to Covington County, MS
- Salvation Army Emergency Teams in Chile Distribute Essential Supplies