May 4: Service Stats
The Salvation Army responded immediately following major tornadoes that struck Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee last week. To date, here is what we have and are doing to help meet the needs of survivors:
- Served 86,000 hot meals, 260,000 sandwiches, snacks & drinks.
- Provided over 54 Mobile Feeding Units (Canteens), is about to deploy 1 Field Kitchen, capable of producing 20,000 hot meals per day; has deployed 1 Shower Unit and 2 Satellite Communications trailers.
- Distributing groceries, baby diapers & formula, and general hygiene products like soap, shampoo, etc.
- Ministered through Pastoral Care to 3,233 individuals.
- Assisting with Social Services Cases.
- Salvation Army officers, employees and volunteers have served a total of 10,000+ hours.