NFL Pro Ruben Brown Supports Salvation Army with 7,000 Mile Motorcycle Ride
Former Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears All-Pro NFL guard Ruben Brown will kick off his cross country motorcycle run this Friday, July 15, to raise funds for and awareness of The Salvation Army.
As part of the 11th annual Ruben Brown Motorcycle Run, Ruben will travel from the East Coast to West Coast and back again while making pit stops at our community programs along the way.
Having grown up in Salvation Army programs, Brown understands that limited financial or material means does not have to limit someone’s opportunity to achieve something great. That’s why his Ruben Brown Foundation is committed to supporting youth development through athletics, cultural, and educational programs.
We’re excited that he’s using this creative opportunity to help support other kids who are benefitting from Salvation Army programs, just like he did!
You can support Ruben’s Motorcycle Run by donating online at www.RubensRun.com, or give a $10 gift via text message by texting the word “RUN” to 80888.* Ninety percent of all funds donated will go to support the work of The Salvation Army; the remainder will subsidize transportation expenses associated with the Run. Plus, donations will stay in the local community in which it was raised.
And keep your eyes and ears open – if you hear a rumbling down the street, it may just be Ruben riding his way through your neighborhood. Check the schedule below to see if he’ll be visiting a Salvation Army center near you:
- Buffalo, NY (July 15): Ruben’s Run kick off with Salvation Army staff, city officials and local business supporters.
- Lynchburg, VA (July 16): Ruben provides food to Salvation Army clients at the Lynchburg Corps Gymnasium.
- Nashville, TN (July 18): Ruben visits the Madison Corps and takes a motorcycle tour of Madison with the Corps Officer.
- Little Rock, AR (July 22): Ruben rides with the local motorcycle group to The Salvation Army’s Harbor Light to serve breakfast to clients.
- Tulsa, OK (July 23): Ruben visits the Center of Hope in Tulsa, OK and helps serve lunch.
- Dallas – Fort Worth, TX (July 25): Ruben visits kids at The Salvation Army’s Summer Youth Day Camp and later serves lunch at the Mabee Center.
- El Paso, TX (July 26): Ruben visits The Salvation Army’s Emergency Shelter and later ride with local motorcycle groups to the Texas/New Mexico border.
- Los Angeles, CA (July 30): Ruben visits The Salvation Army Red Shield Youth and Community Center to play with the kids.
- Milwaukee, WI (August 11): Ruben has a Meet and Greet Autograph Session at the Harley Museum’s monthly Bike Night Meeting.
* A one-time donation of $10 will be billed to your mobile phone bill. Messaging and data rates may apply. Donations are collected for The Salvation Army by mobilecause.com. Reply STOP to 80888 to stop. Reply HELP to 80888 for help. For terms, see www.igfn.org/t