Doing the Most Good Because of YOU!
The holiday season is a good reminder that we’re all in this together.
Together, we eagerly await the coming of our Savior after the somber weeks of advent. Together, we celebrate the season with friends and family. Together, we reflect on the last year and seek to make positive changes in the next.
Together, we will help approximately 30 million Americans in 2012!
Through the collective support of individuals, businesses and partners during our 120th annual Red Kettle Campaign, The Salvation Army now has the financial means to help millions of struggling Americans in the coming year. You donated online and in our kettles, adopted angels, volunteered your time, and you encouraged us through prayer.
Our work is simply not possible without the faithful hands and generous donations of so many supporters.
- As often the first to arrive on the scene when disaster strikes, The Salvation Army will provide disaster survivors with food, shelter, clothing, and comfort.
- Women and children seeking refuge from domestic violence will find safety, shelter and counseling in Salvation Army safe homes.
- Thousands of men and women will find shelter, rehabilitation and counseling at our Adult Rehabilitation Centers – funded by your donations to The Salvation Army thrift stores – and will then go on to rebuild their lives and careers through transitional housing and job-building programs.
- Salvation Army food pantries will provide millions of meals for the hungry. Our shelters will provide warm beds and safety to those without homes.
- Disadvantaged children will receive the physical and emotional care they so desperately need through after-school programs, summer camps, and Kroc Corps Community Centers. Salvation Army back-to-school initiatives will enable them to return to school with new clothes, backpacks and school supplies.
- Struggling or unemployed parents will receive help to pay their bills, or to simply provide Christmas presents for their children next year.
- And much more!
All of this work is possible because of you! Together, we continue “Doing the Most Good” for those in the most need. We are unbelievably grateful for your support during this past Christmas season which allows us to help so many. You are truly a blessing to us and to those in need. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Click here to learn more about The Salvation Army.