Saturday: You’re Invited!
The Salvation Army Kroc Center of Kapolei, Hawaii invites you to attend their official dedication and open house tomorrow, January 28.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m., the event will kick off with a dedication ceremony hosted by Commissioner James Knaggs, Western Territorial Commander. The ceremony will also feature a traditional Hawaiian maile lei untying. An open house will follow, running from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The event will provide an opportunity to see the amazing new structure and to chat directly with staff members about membership.
What’s there to see at the Kroc Center?
- A fitness center so grand it could stand alone! Ask one of the staff members about the group aerobic and dance class offerings.
- An athletics center that’s capable of hosting volleyball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and more.
- A state-of-the-art aquatics center which boasts a massive lap pool, water slides, lazy river, and jacuzzi: a perfect way to relax post-workout!
- An education center that will soon offer preschool. Please click here for enrollment information.
- A worship and performing arts center that will host church services on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. Learn More.
Additionally, gold medal winning Olympian Lindsay Benko will be speaking and signing autographs at the celebration!
See you there!
Nine years ago, Mrs. Joan Kroc designated $1.5 billion – the largest gift every given to a single charity – to The Salvation Army to build community-supported centers such as this. Thanks to her generosity, 19 centers have been constructed so far and eight are in the works. Learn More.