Day Three: Updates from IN, KY & TN
As a reminder that spring has yet to arrive, residents in Indiana and Kentucky – who endured an EF-4 tornado on Friday – are now suffering cold weather and snow while they work to restore what’s left of their homes.
On the scene since before the storm, The Salvation Army continues to serve survivors and first responders in all affected regions with food, drinks, prayer and counseling.
Thanks to newly cleared roads in Southern Indiana, the three mobile kitchens moving throughout the towns of Henryville, Marysville and New Pekin – the hardest hit of the state – are now free to provide service to survivors in other areas. Each mobile kitchen is capable of serving up to 2,000 meals a day. Additionally, a special group of care counselors were sent to the area to comfort those who have lost so much.
Indianapolis local TV station FOX 59 is currently hosting an 18 hour telethon throughout today in support of The Salvation Army’s tornado relief efforts. So far, $75,000 has been raised thanks to generous callers. Click here to see telethon updates from The Salvation Army of Indiana’s Facebook page.
The Salvation Army isn’t going anywhere until our work is done. If you’d like to help support those impacted by this disaster, please consider donating online at: donate.salvationarmyusa.org/storms. You can also give via mobile phone by texting the word “STORM” to 80888*.
- Click here for photos from The Salvation Army, Indiana
- Click here for photos from The Salvation Army, St. Louis, MO
- Click here for The Salvation Army of Chattanooga’s Facebook page.
- For updates, please check back here. Or, you can visit our Facebook or Twitter pages.
“For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching.” (Romans 12:4-7)
* A one‐time donation of $10 will be billed to your mobile phone bill. Messaging & data rates may apply. Donations are collected for The Salvation Army by mobilecause.com. Reply STOP to 80888 to stop. Reply HELP to 80888 for help. For terms, see www.igfn.org/t