Share with us: “I Do the Most Good!”
Good Samaritan, Volunteer, Philanthropist, Do-Gooder, Altruist, Humanitarian – whatever you call it, we want to know how YOU’RE “Doing the Most Good” in your community!
In celebration of National Salvation Army Week (which is May 14-20, if you haven’t marked your calendars yet ;)), we want to see and hear how you’re giving back to others in need.
Starting today, send us a photo or video of yourself volunteering and doing the most good along with the details: who, what, where, why, when! And you just might be featured on our social media pages during National Salvation Army Week!
What does ‘Doing the Most Good’ look like?
For a few examples:
- Donating canned goods to a food drive
- Volunteering at a local shelter
- Cleaning up your community
- Spending time with an elderly person who needs a companion
- Tutoring kids after school
- Donating clothes or household goods to a Salvation Army Family Store
- And anything else that benefits other members of your community!
There are two ways that you can send us your photo or video and story:
1) For Video submissions, Upload your video to Youtube and then tag it with the slogan “I Do The Most Good”.
2) For Photo submissions, E-mail your photos with a brief description of your work to our Media Relations team with the subject line “I Do The Most Good” to MediaRelations@USN.SalvationArmy.org.
The Deadline for submissions is May 20…a whole month to explore volunteer opportunities and ‘Do the Most Good’!
We hope to hear from you!
Want to share your post to your local Salvation Army? Find their Twitter and Facebook pages listed on the Western Territory’s Expect Change blog here: http://www.expectchange.dreamhosters.com/websites/salarmytwitter/.
*Volunteers are seldom paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!*