Join Us In Prayer for the World’s Children
Sunday, July 29, is the International Day of Prayer for Children, a day recognized throughout The Salvation Army on the Sunday nearest to July 30.
July 30, 1880 marks the date when The Salvation Army in England began evangelical work among children.
Today, The Salvation Army’s churches, after-school programs, Kroc Community Centers, meal programs, summer and day camps, and other much needed social services are meeting the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of hundreds of thousands of children around the world.
The theme for this year is “Cry of My Heart”, recognizing the need for God in the lives of children and adults alike. Click here to watch a video prepared by The Salvation Army Australia Southern Territory.
We hope you will join The Salvation Army in prayer for the children of the world.
Some things we’re praying for this day:
- That children will be protected from harm and injury
- That children will have freedom from oppression and exploitation
- That children will have clothes, food and a warm place to sleep
- That children will know the love of a caring family
- That children will come to know God
For a full list of prayer points, click here.