THANK YOU For Supporting The 122nd Annual Red Kettle Campaign!
This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us…We love because he first loved us. (John 4:9-12,19)
Merry Christmas to you!
We rejoice this day and throughout the year for Jesus Christ and the hope we have through his life and sacrifice. He is truly our greatest gift from God, a blessing we receive each and every day through his love working within us.
Today The Salvation Army gives thanks for your gifts during our 122nd annual Red Kettle Campaign which ended on Monday night when thousands of volunteer bell ringers turned in their final collections for the season. Total fundraising has yet to be determined, but we’re excited to find out how much you donated in support of your community members in need.
If you dropped some change in our Red Kettles, prayed for us, or even supported our bell ringers with a smile and a “Merry Christmas” – thank you. The Salvation Army relies on your prayerful and monetary support to ensure services to Americans in need throughout the coming year. Our work is simply not possible without the faithful hands of our volunteers and the heartfelt donations of so many supporters nationwide.
Thanks to you, in 2013 The Salvation Army will:
- Provide assistance to communities impacted by natural or manmade disasters
- Counsel men and women suffering with drug and alcohol dependency through our Adult Rehabilitation Centers
- Provide food and shelter to the hungry and homeless
- Offer housing and support to women and children seeking refuge from domestic abuse
- Send thousands of underserved kids to camp next summer, provide them with back-to-school supplies, and offer them fun, educational and safe after-school programs.
- Provide rent and utility assistance to low-income families
- Teach life skills and vocational training to individuals struggling to gain independence and self-sufficiency
- Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ through word and action to “the poor, the homeless, the hungry, and the destitute.”
All of this work is made possible thanks to our supporters. Your compassion and generosity are the fuel for our fire. Thank you for empowering The Salvation Army to Do the Most Good for Americans in the most need. We are unbelievably grateful for you.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15609463@N03/6596564941/