Salvation Army Serving in Aftermath of Southern Tornadoes
The Salvation Army has completed its first 24 hours of disaster response in the central Arkansas area. Since Monday morning, The Salvation Army has provided 566 prepared meals, 1,362 drinks and 540 snacks to survivors and first responders in Arkansas.
As of Today, The Salvation Army deployed six canteens to the following locations:
- West Little Rock: Kanis Command Post, 34106 Kanis Road
- Vilonia: Dollar General Store, 1100 Main Street
- Mayflower: Mayflower City Hall, 2 Ashmore Street
- Two roving canteens serving affected areas in Vilonia
- One roving canteen serving affected area in Mayflower
As severe weather continues to impact the Deep South, The Salvation Army is deploying disaster response teams to provide food, shelter and spiritual care to the communities affected. Housing and feeding units have been and are serving survivors and first responders throughout Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee in response to the most recent storms.
Monetary donations are the most critical need as supplies and personnel are mobilized.
• Donors are encouraged to give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
• You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes”.*
• Donations in the form of checks designated to “April 2014 Tornado Relief” can be mailed to:
The Salvation Army Disaster Relief
P.O. Box 1959
Atlanta, GA 30301